The GSMA’s 2019 Global Mobile Awards (GLOMo Awards) entry is now open. The GLOMO Awards honour the greatest achievements and innovations across the mobile industry.
This year’s event which happens to be its 24th edition will be introducing new categories and awards to reflect new developments in the ever-expanding mobile ecosystem. In all, 42 awards will be presented over 10 categories.
Through the new categories and awards, GSMA will for the first time recognize startups that are revolutionizing the mobile technology industry.
“The 2019 GLOMO Awards will put a spotlight on the vast array of technological innovations that are helping to connect everyone and everything to a better future, recognising everything from developments in 5G, to innovations in emerging markets, to the start-ups and entrepreneurs that are dreaming up the next big thing,” said Michael O’Hara, Chief Marketing Officer, GSMA.
“We’ve continued to evolve the GLOMO Awards to reflect the rapid pace of change in this dynamic industry and we are excited to introduce new categories and awards that more fully recognize the ever-expanding influence of mobile communications in our world,” he added.
The new categories
4YFN: 4YFN (4 Years From Now). This among the three new categories captures mainly the startups who create and launch new ventures and tech hubs that help to accelerate the innovations withing the startup community.
Mobile Tech: This category seeks to award the companies that are revolutionizing the capabilities and reach of mobile and digital technology.
5G: This brand-new category will recognize the pioneers pushing the boundaries of innovation in the emerging 5G era.
The existing seven categories:
- Consumer: For business that have redefined the business-to-consumer relationship.
- Fourth Industrial Revolution: For companies championing the creation of digital services and innovations.
- Device: For market disruptors changing how consumers interact with devices such as handsets, wearables and beyond.
- Content & Media: For companies that are innovating and creating platforms that inform, educate and entertain everyone, everywhere.
- Social Good: For organisations that are dedicated to creating a better future and improving the lives of communities most in need.
- Government Excellence Awards: For governments that have pushed the boundaries of innovation by fostering the true spirit of digitisation in their national agendas.
- Outstanding Achievement: The most prestigious category that celebrates the individuals and organisations that have made remarkable contributions to the digital community.
Applications and Deadline
Entries for the 2019 awards which started earlier this month will close at 17:00 GMT on Wednesday, 21 November 2018. The winners of each category will be announced at the GSMA Mobile World Congress that will take place on 25 – 28 February, 2019 in Barcelona, Spain.
Click here to apply.
For more information on Mobile World Congress 2019, Follow the latest discussions and get involved using the hashtag #GLOMOAwards or visit www.mobileworldcongress.com.
About the GSMA
The GSMA represents the interests of mobile operators worldwide, uniting more than 750 operators with over 350 companies in the broader mobile ecosystem, including handset and device makers, software companies, equipment providers and internet companies, as well as organisations in adjacent industry sectors. The GSMA also produces industry-leading events such as Mobile World Congress, Mobile World Congress Shanghai, Mobile World Congress Americas and the Mobile 360 Series of conferences.